Thursday, October 27, 2011

Untouchable.

"This Good News tells us that God makes us ready for Heaven -- makes us right in God's sight -- when we put our faith and trust in Christ to save us. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As Scripture says it 'The man who finds life will find it through trusting God' " Romans 1:17.

Trusting God is the easiest thing for me to do, I'd say 97% of the time. That other 3%, well in that little percent, trusting God is sketchy at best. I fear that something isn't going to go the way I THINK it should. But, you know what's so funny about that? God doesn't care about what I think is right. Because, HE KNOWS what is right. HE KNOWS when I should or shouldn't do something, go someplace. HE KNOWS everything. Everything. Everything. Off of the top of my head, I can think of the last time where I began to question what was going on in my life. Becoming an intern was a difficult decision for me to make. I mean, it was the best thing I believe I can do in my teenage life. I have grown significantly in my faith and really opened myself up to God. I understand now that trusting God is the only way I can find true life. The only way I can find God.

"And those who know your name put their trust in you,
for you, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you."
Psalm 9:10.


Trusting God is one of the biggest parts of your faith. Being able to throw caution to the wind and go against anything anybody ever says, just because God says to, is awesome. Believing that God is right in this, that you should do what you are told, is even more awesome. I don't have a problem listening to what God tells me to do, listening to where he tells me to go, that's not a problem. The problem is following through with it, that can seem difficult. You can be torn down, ripped apart by the people around you. It can seem like the world is against you, like you are fighting everybody, just to survive. Well, God told you to do it, He led you there for a reason. Why turn back because of someone on Earth, someone who doesn't know God, or  His grace? Trusting His words, His light AND following through with it is awesome.

"I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13.

Christ gives you strength when no one else can. He gives you the ability to do things no one else dreams of doing. He gives you your gifts, your callings because He knows only you can perform them to his liking and he isn't going to give you instruction and not back you up. Knowing God has my back, in every battle I face is the only motivation I need, the only motivation that can keep me in it, keep me standing every time I fall. My God is the only thing in my life I can say is 150% certain. 150% guaranteed. The only one I can depend on no matter what.


Have faith in God. Put your trust in Him. His track record is perfect. As long as you're with Him, under his guidance and love,  you're untouchable.

No comments:

Post a Comment