Saturday, August 6, 2011

His awesome terror.

"O God, there are two things I beg you not to do to me; only then will I be able to face you. Don't abandon me. And don't terrify me with your awesome presence." Job 13:20-21.I was just skimming through Job this evening. Saw this. Fell in love. I'm not sure why but I am extremely in love with this. Terrifying, awesome presence. Who do you know with a terrifying, awesome presence? I'm at a loss for words. I expected to get on Blogger, type in that verse and the rest would just stream out. Like, it usually does. I'm good at babbling on, even over the internet. But, tonight. I'm stuck. Kinda like writers block. Kinda like my brain just farted out my ability to process thoughts. I know that God is amazing. I know that God sent His only son Jesus, to save us from.. well ourselves. I know that God forgives you, no matter what. That explains the "awesome" part. But, the terrifying part.. I know you should fear God, be afraid of everything he is capable of.. Yet love him with all your heart, mind and soul. He is quite confusing. That's what makes believing in Him and having faith in Him, so exciting, so amazing, so wonderful. Being able to completely trust someone who has the power and ability to tear your world apart.

Psalms 33: 8. "Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him." Ecclesiastes 3:14. "I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing can be taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him."

Deuteronomy 6:5. "And you shall love the Lord your God with all your mind, heart and entire being and with all your might." 1 Corinthians 8:3. "But if one loves God truly, he is known by God."

See what I'm getting at.. God, is simply amazing. Simply awesome. Simply terrifying. We need to fear God, love God and simply stay in awe, in wonder of all He can do. Of everything He has already done. I know this a shorter blog, but I think I have made my point. God is dangerous, in my opinion, that's what makes Him so loveable.

No comments:

Post a Comment