Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Judgement..

     When I think about blogging, it reminds me of a food critic. Constantly writing, criticizing the society and judging almost everything around them. So, I don't want to feel like I'm judging things around me or even writing about other people, places or things around me because it makes me feel judgemental.

      In my mind though, He is extremely judgemental, not in a bad way but he knows everything you do at all times, he gives you a way to act, a way to treat yourself and if you don't act this way or follow these ways, you have sinned and personally, when I sin I feel like he is judging me. But if you happen to fall away from these guidelines, these ways that He has told us to be, fall away from Christ, you can always turn right back around, ask for forgiveness and believe it in your heart, mind and soul and be right back next to him. So, even though I picture him as being judgemental, He is also extremely forgiving, which is an odd combination that you rarely ever experience here. I truly beilieve that He is the only one that should really be allowed to judge people. We all do it though, even if it's just looking at the way someone is dressed and deciding that it isn't right or that they shouldn't be wearing those shorts with those Toms. I feel like this week I personally need to look at myself, judge myself in His image. I know I'm not perfect, not even close. But, if I take the time to view myself in His image, how He wants me to be, how he wants all of us to be. I may better myself somehow, become closer to him. I feel like if I do this, if I challenge myself, even in this minor case, I can push myself closer to the Light, closer to God. Along with what I'm being pushed to do in the internship, the challenges I face there, I think I need to push myself to be better, to do more for Him, in his image.

     There are positive judgments and negative ones. Like, judging animals at a dog show or being put before a judge and of course our final judgement in front of the Lord. But, there are also the negative ones such as judging others, comparing them to yourself. The Bible tells us not to judge negatively, but to do so with His image in mind. So, I feel like I can judge myself and others in His image, but I can't do so with negativity, jealousym anger etc..

     I was looking at Bible studies that talked more on Judgement online. I found one that talked about Judgement and Discernment. It really brings to life the difference between the postive and negative ways of  judging others. It talks about how the right type of judgement can bring forth spiritual growth and understandment.

     Matt 7:1-5 really stood out and went right along with what I am talking about. As I read it over, I realized it was talking about more than just judging myself, but also others when I'm no better. Making myself the hypocrite. We can easily find fault in others, but we can't do this without cause or to seem Holier than the one we judge, that brings along this self-righeous attitude which can sometimes lead to hateful habits and ways that God didn't create us to be, ways that aren't in His image.

     To sum things up, I guess I realized that judgement can be a bigger picture than what we see. It can mean more than we want it to and it can come out of your mouth making you sound like a hypocrite because while you judge other people's demons, yours are just as bad if not worse. So, personally, I'm going to judge others as little as possible and work on myself, become more like Him, fit myself into His image.

No comments:

Post a Comment